Due to increasing demand from our law firm clients with specialist requirements, we are hiring for new Legal Copywriters with specialist legal knowledge and experience to join our growing team.
As one of the UK’s leading online business generation consultancies for the legal sector, we are looking ideally for trainee solicitors, lawyers or law graduates looking for an alternative legal career path to help us create the best in legal content for our clients on a paid, freelance and flexible basis.
- Job Title: Legal Copywriter
- Primary Location: UK (remote-working)
- Reports to: David Kerr, Director / Laura Gallagher, Head of Legal Content
- Pay: Project-based
- Apply: Please send your CV and writing sample as noted below to
- Closing Date: 5pm Monday 4th July 2022
This is the perfect opportunity to work to your own schedule, or generate extra income.
The role involves writing legal copy that is specific to our clients’ brand personalities and the services they offer. You will have to structure and edit your content so it appeals not only to search but also (and perhaps most importantly) to the people who will be reading it; all to help our clients generate online enquiries!
If you are interested in a role which curates legal knowledge with writing skills and an interest in online marketing, let’s talk. We’re looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in writing, who think a little differently and are inherently creative. If you think like us, we would love to hear from you.
Any or all of the following, based on the needs of the editorial team:
- Writing content on behalf of our clients in the legal sector to specified deadlines, with correct legal analysis and clear writing style
- Writing user-friendly content, after all, we are not writing for other lawyers, we are writing for their clients
- Covering a wide range of topics and different jurisdictions, as we have clients worldwide
- Learning and implementing SEO tactics to your writing
- Self-management of priorities and workload
- Communicating with the Moore Legal Technology content team to receive, and respond to, feedback on work done
Required skills and approach
Having the right attitude will be vital in this role. We are looking for individuals who can work with us to help both our customers’ businesses and our own business grow.
The skills below are desirable but not essential. While all of the following can be learned, it is of critical importance that you are ambitious and eager to deliver content of a high standard:
- Broad knowledge of the law and legal writing
- Ability to clearly and concisely analyse and write about legal issues and concepts in a logical fashion
- Excellent grammar, spelling and general editorial skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- IT literate
How do I apply?
To apply please email with a CV and a sample of legal content you’ve written before, together with a note of practice areas and jurisdictions (England & Wales, Scotland etc) you have particular expertise in.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 4th July 2022
About Moore Legal Technology
At Moore Legal Technology, our mission is to help modern, ambitious, forward-thinking, customer-focused law firms thrive, grow and reshape the legal services market by helping them attract, nurture and communicate with prospective and existing clients.
We look forward to speaking to you soon.
Moore Legal Technology does not wish to engage Recruitment Agencies at this stage. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, Moore Legal Technology reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question.