Do you have the legal content skills to help Moore Legal Technology succeed? We are one of the UK’s leading online business generation consultancies for the legal sector.
- Job Title: Legal Copywriter
- Primary Location: Glasgow
- Reports to: Emma Flood, Senior Content Manager
- Pay: Project based
- Apply: 22nd October Open Day. Please bring CV and writing sample.
- Closing Date: 5pm, Saturday October 22nd June 2016
Over the course of the last five years we have been experiencing continuous growth and are looking for enthusiastic freelance writers with a passion for digital marketing in the legal sector. On 22nd October we will be holding an open day to recruit new freelance writers. This is the perfect opportunity to work to your own schedule, enhance your CV, fund your legal studies or generate extra income. We will be looking to hire candidates at the open day and for those who are interested, there will be a short training session 11am-12pm.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the role involves: writing copy about the law, specific to our clients’ brand personalities and the legal services they offer; structuring and editing content so it appeals to search.
If you are interested in a role which curates legal knowledge with writing skills and an interest in online marketing, lets talk. We’re looking for candidates who have genuine interest in writing and digital who think a little differently and are inherently creative. If you think you think like us, we would like to hear from you.
Any or all of the following, based on the needs of the editorial team:
- Writing content on behalf of our clients in the legal sector to specified deadlines, with correct legal analysis and clear writing style
- Learning and implementing SEO tactics to your writing
- Assisting senior writers and editors with tasks such as content uploading and formatting
- Self-management of priorities and workload
- Covering a wide range of topics and legal areas tailored to client specialisms
- Collaborating with clients to create interesting and engaging content
- Communicating with senior editors and clients to receive, and respond to, feedback on work done
Required skills and approach
Having the right attitude will be vital in this role. We are looking for individuals who can work with us to help both our customers' businesses and our own business grow.
The expertise below is desired but not essential. All of the following can be learned, but the desire to learn and deliver and be part of an exceptional team is of critical importance.
- Broad knowledge of the law and legal writing
- Ability to clearly and concisely analyse and write about legal issues and concepts in a logical fashion
- Excellent grammar, spelling and general editorial skills
- Good communicator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative in a team environment
- IT literate
What one of our senior employees says: Dave Kerr LLB, Dip. LP., Client Relationship Director
“When I was coming to the end of my Diploma in Legal Practice, traineeships were thin on the ground. As more and more law graduates are finding out, the job market is saturated with aspiring young lawyers and traineeships are hard to find. While I had studied hard to become a lawyer, I always suspected that there were other careers out there so I decided to apply to MLT. With MLT I’ve found a role that lets me use my legal skills and has equipped me with other valuable skills like Search Engine Optimisation, Legal Content Marketing, Law Firm Website Building, Analytics & Data skills as well as a raft of business skills. In law, progression up the career ladder can be slow and job satisfaction (as well as work-life balance) can be low. At MLT, how quickly you progress is up to you – the team are great at identifying & nurturing your skills and allowing you to shape your own role. We need a blend of skills and you’ll be supported in developing yours using in-house training, external training courses and online learning.
As a young, growing, agile company there are great opportunities here for the right people and the digital marketing market is still in its infancy, certainly as far as lawyers are concerned. The online market for legal services is growing each year and there’s an enormous opportunity for those who are prepared to take it.
Not only that, but the company culture here couldn’t be any different to a law firm – it’s much more relaxed, everyone is treated as an equal, we don’t expect you to work until 11pm and you’ll be given autonomy and responsibility from the minute you finish being trained. If you are considering a career outside the traditional legal route then I can’t recommend joining us highly enough.”
About Moore Legal Technology
Founded in 2003, Moore Legal Technology is a strategic technology consultancy specialising in developing online business generation solutions for a range of clients, particularly law firms. We are renowned for our attention to detail, fast turnaround times and focus on results.
With exceptional technical expertise, excellent client care standards and competitive pricing, we help our clients maximise the opportunities that the internet presents by enhancing their online visibility, helping them to dominate the online space relevant to their service offering and, ultimately, helping them generate more business online.
We specialise in leveraging the power of the internet for our clients and always aim to maximise all the elements available to us such as design, search, direct communication and social media to:
- Drive as much traffic to their site as possible
- Encourage their visitors to carry out their desired actions
Our key strength is really getting under the skin of our clients’ websites, making sure properly optimised and structured content is working as hard as it possibly can for them. Our approach is very much based on a combination of collaboration, innovation and integration. We deliver what we promise as a result of our technical expertise and marketing nous.
Our services include:
- Online business generation strategy
- Strategic web design
- SEO (including local SEO)
- Web analytics
- Newsletter design
- Content marketing
- Online brand development
- Online reputation management
- Social media training
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Email marketing
- App design
- Reporting & analytics
- Social media strategy and management
We look forward to speaking to you soon…