As one of our Directors at Moore Legal Technology, I'm responsible for ensuring that all of our law firm customers succeed as a result of the efforts we make with their online business generation strategies. At MLT, our Your Law Firm Success™ product is a fully comprehensive marketing platform for the modern law firm.
After qualifying as a solicitor with leading UK commercial law firm Maclay Murray & Spens LLP (now Dentons) I joined Moore Legal Technology in 2010 and since then have loved working with our team, defining and implementing our development methodology, particularly with my recent Lean Six Sigma (Yellow Belt) qualification.
Our mission is to help the best lawyers (who genuinely want to help people or businesses with their legal problems) to succeed through more effective use of the Internet.
- Operational / Business Excellence Insights for Law Firms - Top 10 Tips, Moore Legal Technology Insights, 2018
- Window of opportunity, Managing for Success, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access), 2017
- The Greatest Legal Sector Challenges (and Opportunities) 2018-2028, Moore Legal Technology Insights, 2018
- Build an online reputation as a great family lawyer in 7 steps, Family Section, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access), 2017
- 8 analytics tips for law firm success online, Internet Newsletter for Lawyers, November 2016
- Ten tips for effective content distribution, Internet Newsletter for Lawyers, 2016
- Spread the Word, Managing for Success, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access)
- Lucky number 7? Making the best of internet marketing, Legal Futures, 2013
- Social Media for Law Agents: Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts, Scottish Law Agents Society, 2013
- Web presence for law firms, Language Insight, 2013
Recent Speaking Engagements
- "Online Media Presence for Advocates" for a leading Advocates' Stable in Edinburgh, November 2017
- “Online Business Generation for Modern Legal Practices”, The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, 2016
- "Advanced LinkedIn Strategy Tips for Law Firms - Winning New Business & Growing Your Reputation" at Going for Growth Seminar for the Law Society of Scotland, April 2015
- "Email Dos and Don'ts for Lawyers & Law Firms", The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, September 2014
- “Social media for legal professionals”, Sweet & Maxwell Professional Development, 2013
- “Search engine optimisation (SEO) for sole practitioners: Getting you found online”, The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, Glasgow, 2013
- “The return on investment in optimising your social media marketing and online presence”, Legal Practice Management Conference, Inverness, 2011
- “New technology, social media and the law: how to develop, and not destroy, your career”, SYLA Annual Conference, Glasgow, 2011
- “Social media and online marketing: ROI for law firms”, Managing a Law Firm in the 21st Century, Aberdeen, 2011
In his spare time, Gavin enjoys spending time with his growing family, blogging, tennis, golf and bringing Rodger and Rizzo into the office to meet customers.