Gavin WardOperations Director
Read Gavin's posts on our blog here.
As Operations Director at Moore Legal Technology, I'm responsible for ensuring that all of our law firm clients succeed as a result of the efforts we make with their online business generation strategies. After qualifying as a solicitor with leading UK commercial law firm Maclay Murray & Spens LLP I joined Moore Legal Technology and since then have loved working with our growing team defining and implementing our development methodology.
When I was qualifying as a Solicitor, I established a legal blogging service to help lawyers and legal professionals from around the world publish and share their legal knowledge and news within law blogs ('blawgs') more effectively and to get found online. I also tutored private law, was a moot judge at the University of Glasgow and also tutored commercial law at Strathclyde University.
- Window of opportunity, Managing for Success, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access), 2017
- Build an online reputation as a great family lawyer in 7 steps, Family Section, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access), 2017
- Ten tips for effective content distribution, Internet Newsletter for Lawyers, 2016
- Spread the Word, Managing for Success, The Law Society of England & Wales (members only access)
- Lucky number 7? Making the best of internet marketing, Legal Futures, 2013
- Social Media for Law Agents: Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts, Scottish Law Agents Society, 2013
- Web presence for law firms, Language Insight, 2013
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Online Business Generation for Modern Legal Practices”, The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, 2016
- "Advanced LinkedIn Strategy Tips for Law Firms - Winning New Business & Growing Your Reputation" at Going for Growth Seminar for the Law Society of Scotland, April 2015
- "Email Dos and Don'ts for Lawyers & Law Firms", The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, September 2014
- “Social media for legal professionals”, Sweet & Maxwell Professional Development, 2013
- “Search engine optimisation (SEO) for sole practitioners: Getting you found online”, The Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, Glasgow, 2013
- “The return on investment in optimising your social media marketing and online presence”, Legal Practice Management Conference, Inverness, 2011
- “New technology, social media and the law: how to develop, and not destroy, your career”, SYLA Annual Conference, Glasgow, 2011
- “Social media and online marketing: ROI for law firms”, Managing a Law Firm in the 21st Century, Aberdeen, 2011
In his spare time, Gavin enjoys blogging, golf, spending time with his growing family and bringing Rodger into the office to meet clients.