Are you a recent graduate looking for an exciting career in Digital Marketing? We’re hiring for a Digital Marketing Executive!
- Title: Digital Marketing Assistant
- Where: Glasgow City Centre Offices
- Contract type: Permanent, full-time role (4-day work week!)
- Package: Competitive salary based on experience and skill (for full package details, keep scrolling)
- Closing date: 09 November 2018
- Key Note: candidates must be eligible for the Glasgow Guarantee Fund
So, what’s the job?
An excellent opportunity for the right, motivated individual to join a team with a unique culture, this role of Digital Marketing Executive will allow you to put your experience to great use and develop your career within an exciting and passionate environment.
Here’s a breakdown of the tasks you can expect to get involved in, it’s not an exhaustive list, but will give you a flavour for the role:-
- Assist the build team with developing new websites for our clients this includes:
- publishing content
- implementing a site menu structure
- optimising the site with keywords and links
- ensuring all the technical aspects of the builds are tested and working
- ensuring the site is perfect by going through necessary quality control checks
- instructing the relevant teams on any further snags;
- Execute day-to-day improvements to our client’s websites consistent with their business objectives and brand;
- Support and drive forward many aspects of our digital marketing operations, including SEO, content marketing, social media management, email marketing, conversion rate optimisation etc;
- Communicate regularly with colleagues and our clients to meet our high standards of customer care;
- Track trends, suggest and roll out improvements to operations team;
- Undertake continued learning and professional development, including attendance of seminars and courses where relevant; and
- Join our team at various customer meetings.
What do you need from me?
Drive, character, creativity and attention to detail.
We’re a close-knit, friendly team, and we have some key personal competencies that we look for in future team members:
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm for your work, adaptable and a ‘can do’ mindset.
- Strong initiative and an ability to self-manage
- Commercially minded, with the ability to understand & deliver to business goals/targets, and a desire to do so
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers and teammates alike
- Sense of humour and skill at general knowledge quizzes (we have an internal league!)
- Passion for internet technologies, and a desire to learn about areas new to you: you’ll be a quick learner too, with a flair for picking up new tech quickly
- Ability to keep a cool head during pressured moments and devise quick solutions
- Attention to detail, great project management skills, and eagerness to identify process improvements
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, both on own initiative and in a team environment
- IT literacy
In addition to the above, we are looking for someone with a degree in a relevant industry – marketing, digital media, technical support. You must be eligible for the Glasgow Guarantee Fund, the initiative through which we’re hiring* (see below for full details)
Bonus points for these:
Not everyone can know everything, so if you’re willing to learn, these aren’t essential:
- Experience with content management systems including Joomla!, Wordpress
- Experience using Google Analytics or other relevant tracking tools
- Experience using Mailchimp or other e-mail marketing tools
- Understanding of SEO
Great, what do I get in return?
Working with our growing team means you will be rewarded for your expertise, hard work and results you achieve for our customers, here’s an overview:
- Flexible working patterns, such as 4-day workweek.
- Bonus scheme & Company ownership options.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Hands on experience and a tailored career development plan.
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Matched pension plan.
I’m in! How do I apply?
Glad to hear!
We are hiring this position through Glasgow Guarantee, and ask that all applications are made through their platform: www.glasgowguarantee.org
*To be eligible for the Glasgow Guarantee Fund you:
- Must be aged 20-29
- Must have attained a degree/post-graduate degree within the last 12 months
- Must currently reside within the Glasgow City Council postcode boundary
- Must be currently unemployed OR underemployed (i.e. not in graduate-level employment)